2018 UNDER 13 BASKETBALL CHALLENGE
co-hosted by North Shore Wolves & Vancity Sons
Vancouver, British Columbia
March 18-23, 2018
- 12 Girls Teams and 12 Boys Teams
- Round Robin Format (modified if needed to guarantee 3 games)
- Top 8 Teams will then go into a single elimination draw based on round robin seeding.
- 12 players per team may dress for each game with a max 15 person roster
- Register online by January 31, 2018
- Final Roster must be submitted at the Coaches Meeting on March 18, 2018
- Basketball size will be 28.5
- Entry Fee of $300.00 must be received to hold your teams spot
- No refunds will be given after February 16, 2018
- This is a FUN tournament. All players, coaches, managers and spectators must adhere to tournament code of conduct.
The FIBA are the official rules of the game with the following special exceptions:
- All games shall consist of four 8 minute stop-time quarters.
- Maximum warm‐up time of 8 minutes with no less than 5 minutes of warm‐up time.
- Half time breaks shall be 5 minutes, time permitting.
- Maximum of 2 timeouts per game.
- Where available, a 30 second shot clock will be used.
- Overtime first period 2 minutes. Second and subsequent periods ‐ 1 minute. All stop time. 4th quarter team fouls to carry over to all O/T periods. One timeout total for all O/T periods.
- Full court pressure must be removed by the team with a 10 point lead.
- Double‐teaming and traps are not allowed outside the 3 point line. Inside the 3 point line, help defense is encouraged, this may result in double teaming and is legal.
- All players must have their uniform tucked in or they will be asked to substitute.
- All players are required to wear non‐marking running shoes and a uniform with a number. Only players with uniforms may play.
- The referee is the sole judge of the game.
- As per FIBA rules: the clock will stop after a made basket in the last two minutes of the game and restart when the applicable referee lowers his/her hand signaling that the ball is in play.
Player Eligibility Requirements
- Be 13 years of age as of December 31, 2017 to be eligible to play in the 2018 U13 tournament.
- Be of First Nations ancestry.
- All players must provide proof of ancestry to the host committee along with their roster, or provide when called upon.
- The following will be accepted as proof of ancestry: *Status card, Provincial Metis card or letter from the First Nation community deeming them a member of that Nation.
- All players must reside in the Province of British Columbia at least three months prior to the tournament.
- Must be 13 as of December 31, of the previous year, i.e.: age 13 as of December 31, 2017, to be eligible to play in the 2018 provincial tournament.
- Players are eligible to play for a club team in the zone they are in. They must reside in the area or be going to school in that zone, no less than three months prior to the provincial tournament. If there is no team in the community that they live in, the player is eligible to play for a team within their zone.
- Players are eligible to play for a team which they are members of the nation, or nations which their parents/grandparents are from. In case where a player(s) transfer to another community or zone specifically to make him/her eligible to play for a specific team, that a player will be disqualified.
- If there is no team in the community or zone of which a player lives, he/she is eligible to play for a team nearest to their zone.
For More Information Contact: